"Best to Know Your Legal Rights"


Employment Solicitor


Raising a Complaint

I want to give you the best possible service and your feedback is always welcome. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service I have provided, or my fees, then you should inform me immediately, so that I can do my best to resolve the problem. My contact details, i.e. for Melanie Best, are mlb@melaniebestlawyer.co.uk. My address is Melanie Best Employment Lawyer, Regus House, 1010 Cambourne Business Park, Cambourne, Cambridge CB23 6DP.

If the matter cannot be resolved informally and if you would like to make a formal complaint, my full complaints procedure is available by clicking on the following link - Complaints Handling Procedure. Making a complaint will not affect how I handle your case.

What to do if I cannot resolve your complaint

Legal Ombudsman
The Legal Ombudsman can help you if I am unable to resolve your complaint myself. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how I handle your case.
Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with me first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint


  • No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
  • No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them:

Visit: www.legalombudsman.org.uk

Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.

Email: enquiries@legalombudsman.org.uk

Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

If your complaint relates to a bill that I have sent to you, you may have the right to apply to the court for an assessment under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974. However, the Legal Ombudsman may decline to become involved in resolving a complaint about fees if the bill has been referred already to the court for assessment.

What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour

The Solicitors Regulation Authority

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about a breach of regulatory principles that apply to solicitors and solicitors’ firms e.g. the obligation to act with integrity and not to treat you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority



I am committed to providing my clients with high quality legal advice and client care. However, in the event of complaints, these will be handled in accordance with my Complaints Handling Policy, a copy of which is available upon request. Please note that a complainant who is dissatisfied with my handling of their complaint can ask the Legal Ombudsman to consider it and that time limits apply. The Legal Ombudsman can be contacted at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV1 9WJ, telephone 0300 555 0333,enquiries@legalombudsman.org.ukwww.legalombudsman.org.uk.


Sole practitioner: Melanie Best LLB (Honours)
1010 Cambourne Business Park, Cambourne, Cambridge CB23 6DP
Tel: +44 (0)1223 597832 | Fax: +44(0)1223 598 001 | E-mail: mlb@melaniebestlawyer.co.uk

Solicitors Regulation Authority | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions of Use | Legal Disclaimer | Complaints

Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA number 521826)
The Solicitors’ Code of Conduct is available on the SRA website at www.rules.sra.org.uk.